KAK Industry 5.5" AR15 MLOK Free Float Handguard
Designed and machined here in the U.S.A., KAK's free float AR15 handguards are of exceptional value.
Our twin lug fastening system pulls the handguard firmly against the barrel nut, eliminating handguard deflection, while the anti-rotation tabs guarantee that the handguard is in perfect alignment with your upper receiver. Unlike the pressure clamps used on many handguards, our mounting system ensures that your handguard will not detach from the upper or rotate out of place. Our Handguard design is incredibly rigid in combination with our HD barrel nut and heavy-duty mounting hardware.
- Machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum
- Hard coat anodized
- Full length top picatinny rail
- MLOK attachment slots on all 7 sides
- Steel HD barrel nut – Properly heat treated with phosphate finish uses a standard castle nut wrench or the included barrel nut wrench
- Billet aluminum fastening lugs- Properly heat treated, phosphate finish
- Grade 8 HD fasteners, properly heat treated, black oxide finish, hex head.
- Free float handguard for increased accuracy
- 5.5" overall length, Handguard measurements are true to length
- Weight: 9.22 oz Including hardware
- Outside Horizontal Diameter 1.575”
- Inside Horizontal Diameter- 1.368”
FIREARM GUIDE: FREE FLOAT HANDGUARD INSTALLATION GUIDE
Rail was processed and shipped quickly. Rail was packaged well and arrived undamaged. It included everything you need for installation. Fit and finish was spot on: no defects, no blemishes. I would say it's on par with BCM rails with respect to weight (maybe even more robust) but a little wider in diameter which isn't a bad thing. It allows for a good purchase of the firearm with your support hand. Feels extremely solid and well made. I definitely recommend this product.